Health Update: Malaria safeguard
Tuesday 22 June 1993
A spokesman says that most cases of failure among anti-malarial drugs are caused by patients not taking them.
The new packs will be available from next month through British Airways travel clinics and are expected to cost pounds 8.
The Department of Health, in a new Travel Safe leaflet on how to avoid contracting HIV abroad, has advised travellers to refuse unnecessary medical or dental treatment that might be performed with unsterilised equipment. It also says travellers should carry condoms bearing the British Standard Kite mark.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cure for cancer to her scientist father
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of this mu...
£40000 - £70000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful & reputable global business is l...
£35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is going through a period o...