'Hidden crisis' of hearing loss
Wednesday 31 October 2012
Up to 250,000 elderly people in England have undiagnosed or unsupported hearing loss because of a "hidden crisis" in care homes, a charity warned.
Action on Hearing Loss said it had found a "high level of undiagnosed hearing loss" among care home residents because staff lacked the training to recognise problems and elderly residents accepted that their failing hearing was part of the ageing process.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: SURREY MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: What do you want to do with your career? Do yo...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is a leading expert in immunoassa...