Hospital launches probe into 'missed' fractures
Complaints were made against hospital staff who apparently failed to spot fractures, a health trust said today.
An investigation has been launched at Mayday Hospital in Croydon, south London.
A statement from the hospital trust said: "Whenever there are a number of similar incidents the trust routinely launches an investigation to check if there are any underlying issues. This process is under way.
"In the cases where the family has made a formal complaint we either have already, or will be, meeting with them to discuss their concerns and answer their questions."
According to the London Evening Standard, Carly Moody, who is nearly two, was left with a fractured ankle for two days.
She had an X-ray at Mayday but staff did not see the break and the toddler was sent home.
Her mother Melanie Moody took her back two days later. She said: "She was crying and lethargic and couldn't put her leg down. My mother came with me. She looked over the doctor's shoulder and said she could see the clear break in the X-ray."
The newspaper said that Regan Mercer, three, broke both his arms but doctors only spotted one.
Zoe Swesi, one, had a broken arm, but she was not given an X-ray and her mother Jasmin was told to give her Calpol.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...