Hospital must close surgery
Friday 30 July 2010
The paediatric heart surgery unit at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford will not resume surgery until it improves, a report said yesterday.
Four babies died within a few months of surgeon Caner Salih starting work at the hospital. He raised alarm and stopped operating, having already complained about the age of equipment and poor working practices at the unit. An investigation found Mr Salih was not to blame for the deaths.
Life & Style blogs
‘I had to terminate my pregnancies because I was carrying girls’ - the story of a woman forced into gender-selective abortions
'Excluded' dads put the heat on Mumsnet with campaign for parental parity in bringing up baby
Bill Granger recipes: Our chef cooks some American diner classics
GIF inventor Steve Wilhite says it should be pronounced 'jif'
'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
- 3 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: This well respected and exciting...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting company and market...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + EXCELLENT SALARY: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Cli...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: Signal Processing Engineer / Acoustics...