'Humiliation' of being overweight
The archetypal overweight woman is between 45 and 54, has been married for 20 years, weighs 13st 3lbs, wears size 18, and experiences humiliation every day.
Two-thirds of women in the UK are overweight, according to a YouGov survey commissioned by Slimming World. The survey of 2,257 people found fat people struggled with their emotions in everyday situations, such as looking in the mirror and at holiday snaps, or meeting up with friends.
Life & Style blogs
Many years ago, I lost nearly all my upper frequency hearing as a result of military action. What pr...
Plus live in a folly tower and Towcester growth
Plus how much you need to earn to rent in London, and new homes figures
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...