Hundreds of care residents abused
Hundreds of elderly people and younger adults with disabilities may have been abused or put at risk by inadequate care homes and agencies, a regulator has warned.
Thirty-four care homes and eight agencies providing care in people's homes have been shut over the past year after they were found to be abusing residents or risking their safety. Alternative accommodation for about 700 people had to be found, after the Care Quality Commission took action.
Wrongdoing included verbal and psychological abuse of residents, unsafe managing of medicines, lack of medical and nursing care, poor sanitary conditions and lack of staff training.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£40 per day: Randstad Education Manchester: Nursery Nurse needed in salfordI a...
£25 per day: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery nurse needed in th...
£21588 - £31566 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education ar...
£110 - £125 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education are ur...