Hundreds of care residents abused
Hundreds of elderly people and younger adults with disabilities may have been abused or put at risk by inadequate care homes and agencies, a regulator has warned.
Thirty-four care homes and eight agencies providing care in people's homes have been shut over the past year after they were found to be abusing residents or risking their safety. Alternative accommodation for about 700 people had to be found, after the Care Quality Commission took action.
Wrongdoing included verbal and psychological abuse of residents, unsafe managing of medicines, lack of medical and nursing care, poor sanitary conditions and lack of staff training.
Justin Bieber was one of the hardest hit
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...