Hunt concerned over 'pockets of failure' in NHS
Monday 03 December 2012
Catastrophic failings that led to the deaths of hundreds of patients at Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust may be occurring in hospitals elsewhere in the UK, the Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, warns today.
Up to 1,200 lives were lost at Mid Staffordshire due to poor care. After two inquiries, a third, into the role of NHS regulators, is due in the new year.
But speaking on BBC1's Panorama, tonight, Mr Hunt, pictured, said: "We can't be confident other failings do not exist in pockets elsewhere in the NHS and social care system."
Latest Department of Health figures show 2,875 patients died and 7,585 suffered serious harm as a result of unsafe care in NHS hospitals in the year to March 2012.
Life & Style blogs
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
Meow Chat: New messaging app combines Tinder and WhatsApp - but is it safe?
Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...