Inquiry call as Northern Ireland abortion clinic opens
Friday 19 October 2012
Northern Ireland's Attorney General has called for an investigation into the opening of the country's first private abortion clinic.
John Larkin, who is the chief legal adviser to the Stormont Executive, has written to the Justice Committee asking it look into the practices of the new facility, which officially opened yesterday.
The request comes as up to 150 anti-abortion activists gathered to protest outside the Marie Stopes centre in Belfast.
The new facility will offer terminations up to nine weeks' gestation, at a cost of £450.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...