Job worries are causing sleepness night
Most people are getting less than eight hours' sleep a night because of worries over job security, performance at work and finances, a study revealed today.
A survey of 6,000 adults showed that civil servants, bankers and factory workers were suffering the most sleep deprivation.
Civil servants said they were getting less than six hours' sleep, only slightly less than bankers, according to the research by budget hotel chain Travelodge.
Leigh McCarron, of Travelodge, said it was no surprise that workers facing spending cuts and potential job losses were getting the least amount of sleep.
Travelodge is launching "sleep concerts" next month, with musicians playing specially commissioned tunes aimed at helping guests feel sleepy.
Life & Style blogs
Mass prescription of statins ‘will widen social inequalities’
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
iPhone has secret software that can be remotely activated to spy on people, says Snowden
Alex Garland's film Ex Machina explores the limits of artificial intelligence - but how close are we to machines outsmarting man?
The sinister side of 'checking up' on your partner
- 1 Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Nineteen-year-old student left gifts for parents before taking her own life
- 4 Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
- 5 Winston Churchill: From accusations of anti-Semitism to the blunt refusal that led to the deaths of millions
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 25 days holidays & pension: Ashdown Group: PHP Web...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in London, Manchester, Br...