Job worries are causing sleepness night
Most people are getting less than eight hours' sleep a night because of worries over job security, performance at work and finances, a study revealed today.
A survey of 6,000 adults showed that civil servants, bankers and factory workers were suffering the most sleep deprivation.
Civil servants said they were getting less than six hours' sleep, only slightly less than bankers, according to the research by budget hotel chain Travelodge.
Leigh McCarron, of Travelodge, said it was no surprise that workers facing spending cuts and potential job losses were getting the least amount of sleep.
Travelodge is launching "sleep concerts" next month, with musicians playing specially commissioned tunes aimed at helping guests feel sleepy.
Life & Style blogs
Three in every four British men will be overweight by 2030, says World Health Organisation
Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A global leader operating...