Job worries are causing sleepness night
Most people are getting less than eight hours' sleep a night because of worries over job security, performance at work and finances, a study revealed today.
A survey of 6,000 adults showed that civil servants, bankers and factory workers were suffering the most sleep deprivation.
Civil servants said they were getting less than six hours' sleep, only slightly less than bankers, according to the research by budget hotel chain Travelodge.
Leigh McCarron, of Travelodge, said it was no surprise that workers facing spending cuts and potential job losses were getting the least amount of sleep.
Travelodge is launching "sleep concerts" next month, with musicians playing specially commissioned tunes aimed at helping guests feel sleepy.
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy former nurse, 75, passes away at assisted dying clinic after deciding old age is 'awful'
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 1 Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
- 2 Artist Jamie McCartney: How The Great Wall of Vagina is a stand against 'body fascism'
- 3 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 4 'Gene drive': Scientists sound alarm over supercharged GM organisms which could spread in the wild and cause environmental disasters
- 5 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for an I...
£17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a leading company in the field ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£26041 - £34876 per annum: Recruitment Genius: There has never been a more exc...