Job worries are causing sleepness night
Most people are getting less than eight hours' sleep a night because of worries over job security, performance at work and finances, a study revealed today.
A survey of 6,000 adults showed that civil servants, bankers and factory workers were suffering the most sleep deprivation.
Civil servants said they were getting less than six hours' sleep, only slightly less than bankers, according to the research by budget hotel chain Travelodge.
Leigh McCarron, of Travelodge, said it was no surprise that workers facing spending cuts and potential job losses were getting the least amount of sleep.
Travelodge is launching "sleep concerts" next month, with musicians playing specially commissioned tunes aimed at helping guests feel sleepy.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...