Kanye West video an 'epilepsy risk'
Thursday 24 February 2011
The latest video from hip-hop star Kanye West could cause epileptic seizures, experts have warned.
Epilepsy Action said the extensive use of flashing images in the video for "All of the Lights", which also features the singer Rihanna, could trigger seizures in some people.
The video has received almost 5 million hits on YouTube since its premiere last weekend.
Experts at Cambridge Research Systems found the video contained flashes at a rate high enough to trigger seizures in people with photosensitive epilepsy.
According to Ofcom regulations, the video should not be broadcast on UK television but there are no such rules governing online. A spokeswoman for Epilepsy Action said the charity had contacted YouTube to ask that they remove it.
Life & Style blogs
Eight-year-old boy Zion Harvey says of double hand transplant – 'it feels weird, but good'
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 Model's video shoot on the beach interrupted by sudden landing of a group of illegal migrants
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 MH370 search: Boeing 777 wing that could match missing plane found on the French island of Reunion
£20000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading indepen...
£26000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Systems Administrator is requ...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Edinburgh city centre Scho...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250...