Kanye West video an 'epilepsy risk'
Thursday 24 February 2011
The latest video from hip-hop star Kanye West could cause epileptic seizures, experts have warned.
Epilepsy Action said the extensive use of flashing images in the video for "All of the Lights", which also features the singer Rihanna, could trigger seizures in some people.
The video has received almost 5 million hits on YouTube since its premiere last weekend.
Experts at Cambridge Research Systems found the video contained flashes at a rate high enough to trigger seizures in people with photosensitive epilepsy.
According to Ofcom regulations, the video should not be broadcast on UK television but there are no such rules governing online. A spokeswoman for Epilepsy Action said the charity had contacted YouTube to ask that they remove it.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Livr: A social network only for drunk people
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
International Women's Day 2014: Google creates celebratory video Doodle to mark the day
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...