Kanye West video an 'epilepsy risk'
Thursday 24 February 2011
The latest video from hip-hop star Kanye West could cause epileptic seizures, experts have warned.
Epilepsy Action said the extensive use of flashing images in the video for "All of the Lights", which also features the singer Rihanna, could trigger seizures in some people.
The video has received almost 5 million hits on YouTube since its premiere last weekend.
Experts at Cambridge Research Systems found the video contained flashes at a rate high enough to trigger seizures in people with photosensitive epilepsy.
According to Ofcom regulations, the video should not be broadcast on UK television but there are no such rules governing online. A spokeswoman for Epilepsy Action said the charity had contacted YouTube to ask that they remove it.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: SQL Impl...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: SQL Technical ...
£85000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Head of IT (Windows, Server, VMware, SAN, ...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Lead C# Develo...