Kanye West video an 'epilepsy risk'
Thursday 24 February 2011
The latest video from hip-hop star Kanye West could cause epileptic seizures, experts have warned.
Epilepsy Action said the extensive use of flashing images in the video for "All of the Lights", which also features the singer Rihanna, could trigger seizures in some people.
The video has received almost 5 million hits on YouTube since its premiere last weekend.
Experts at Cambridge Research Systems found the video contained flashes at a rate high enough to trigger seizures in people with photosensitive epilepsy.
According to Ofcom regulations, the video should not be broadcast on UK television but there are no such rules governing online. A spokeswoman for Epilepsy Action said the charity had contacted YouTube to ask that they remove it.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Account Payable Assistant - SW Londo...
£14560 - £17680 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Even though their premises have...
£44000 - £48000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Marketing company based in cent...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An IT Installation / Commission...