Lawrence Watson - Ever changing moods
Friday 15 May 2009
It was when Paul Weller replaced the artwork for the Style Council’s 1988 album ‘Confessions of a Pop Group’, with photographs taken by Lawrence Watson, that the young photographer’s career took off.
Watson has worked with some of the biggest names in music. As hip hop exploded in the early 1980s, he travelled to America, capturing Run DMC, Eric B and Rakim, and Public Enemy in their prime, and was back to capture Britpop. All these,alongside stars such as George Clinton, Paul Weller and Grace Jones, pictured on these pages, can be seen in his 25-year career retrospective from 30 May until 7 June at Londonewcastle Project Space.
The World is Yours – 25 Years of Music Photography by Lawrence Watson is published in June, £25. The exhibition runs from 30 May until 7 June at Londonewcastle, 28 Redchurch Street, London E2.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...