Lawrence Watson - Ever changing moods
Friday 15 May 2009
It was when Paul Weller replaced the artwork for the Style Council’s 1988 album ‘Confessions of a Pop Group’, with photographs taken by Lawrence Watson, that the young photographer’s career took off.
Watson has worked with some of the biggest names in music. As hip hop exploded in the early 1980s, he travelled to America, capturing Run DMC, Eric B and Rakim, and Public Enemy in their prime, and was back to capture Britpop. All these,alongside stars such as George Clinton, Paul Weller and Grace Jones, pictured on these pages, can be seen in his 25-year career retrospective from 30 May until 7 June at Londonewcastle Project Space.
The World is Yours – 25 Years of Music Photography by Lawrence Watson is published in June, £25. The exhibition runs from 30 May until 7 June at Londonewcastle, 28 Redchurch Street, London E2.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team - and is preparing a special birthday treat for 'friend for life' Kim Jong-un
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
£500 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Target Operating Mod...
£10 - £12 per hour: Pro-Recruitment Group: An opportunity has arisen within th...
Flexible, Competitive, Weekly.: Randstad Education Cambridge: The JobRandstad ...
£9600 - £14400 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education are...