Less than half of adults married
Wednesday 30 November 2011
An estimated one in six adults are now cohabiting with their partner as the number of married couples in England and Wales continues to decline.
Data from the Office for National Statistics released yesterday showed husbands and wives now make up less than half of the adult population, with 51.9 per cent of adults single, divorced or widowed.
Life & Style blogs
Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat made £2m last year - that's more than Cara Delevingne earned
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Fast food Britain: The number of takeaways soars across the nation's high streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Apple Watch: What is it good for?
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
£10000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of staffing and r...
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the four inns of Court is seeking...
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the four inns of Court i...
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate IT Support Helpdesk / 1st L...