McDonald's halves fries in children's Happy Meals
Wednesday 27 July 2011
McDonald's stores in the US have announced plans to halve the amount of French fries served in their Happy Meals in an attempt to make children's meals healthier.
The new-look food boxes will contain 1.1 ounces of French fries instead of the current 2.4 ounces, and children will be able to replace the chips with a side dish of fruit or vegetables depending on what is in season.
The Illinois-based fast food chain has been criticised for serving children's meals with high sugar and fat contents. It is thought these changes could prevent American children from ingesting 49 billion calories annually.
The new meals will be served in 14,000 US outlets by April next year.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Account Payable Assistant - SW Londo...
£14560 - £17680 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Even though their premises have...
£44000 - £48000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Marketing company based in cent...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An IT Installation / Commission...