Midwife in a hurry at home
Friday 30 December 2011
A midwife has delivered her own baby at home with the help of her mother's make-up mirror.
Claire Clarke-Wood, 28, from Hawkhurst in Kent, had returned home from a shift at Croydon University Hospital, London, a few hours before contractions started on 11 December, three weeks early.
She then gave birth to her first child, Esmay, crouching in her bathroom, after the contractions, which started at around 5am, came so quickly there was no time to get to a hospital.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
Taylor Swift’s Twitter and Instagram accounts hacked, apparently by Lizard Squad
Selfie-obsessed men may be narcissistic psychopaths, study finds
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...