Midwife in a hurry at home
Friday 30 December 2011
A midwife has delivered her own baby at home with the help of her mother's make-up mirror.
Claire Clarke-Wood, 28, from Hawkhurst in Kent, had returned home from a shift at Croydon University Hospital, London, a few hours before contractions started on 11 December, three weeks early.
She then gave birth to her first child, Esmay, crouching in her bathroom, after the contractions, which started at around 5am, came so quickly there was no time to get to a hospital.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...