Mobile phones 'not linked to cancer'
Saturday 02 July 2011
Scientific evidence goes increasingly against the theory that mobile phones cause cancer, an independent panel has concluded.
The review, by the Institute of Cancer Research, found "no convincing evidence of a link" between the technology and brain tumours, which it said was becoming "increasingly implausible". However, small or long-term repercussions cannot yet be ruled out, the researchers say in the British Journal of Cancer.
An earlier study claimed radiation associated with mobile handsets potentially increased the risk of glioma, a malignant form of the disease. But the panel identified some problems with that study's design which made it difficult to draw conclusions. The results showed no rise in brain tumours 20 years after mobile phones were introduced.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...