New skills check-up for doctors
Friday 20 July 2012
Doctors are to have their skills reassessed every year to ensure they are fit to practise, the General Medical Council said.
At present, doctors can work their entire career without facing any formal assessment of their competency.
This would take the form of an annual appraisal, to begin this December, and a more comprehensive meeting every five years.
Doctors will be expected to meet clinical standards and have kept up to speed with the latest developments in their field, while appraisals will include feedback from patients and colleagues.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Surviving cancer: They were expected to die - yet these childhood-cancer patients knew nothing of their diagnosis
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 3 Scottish referendum 'English question': Tory MPs call on David Cameron to create an English first minister in wake of No vote
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...