New skills check-up for doctors
Friday 20 July 2012
Doctors are to have their skills reassessed every year to ensure they are fit to practise, the General Medical Council said.
At present, doctors can work their entire career without facing any formal assessment of their competency.
This would take the form of an annual appraisal, to begin this December, and a more comprehensive meeting every five years.
Doctors will be expected to meet clinical standards and have kept up to speed with the latest developments in their field, while appraisals will include feedback from patients and colleagues.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...