Obesity link to Caesarean infections
Wednesday 01 August 2012
One in 10 women who has a baby by Caesarean section suffers an infection after surgery, with the highest rates among those who are obese, a study reveals.
About six per cent of the infections are so serious that hospital treatment is needed. The study of 4,100 women by the Health Protection Agency is the first to link obesity with C-section problems.
The study is published in the British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
£35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: If you're pa...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP Business...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: SAP Functional ...