Plans to pick your own GP
Saturday 31 December 2011
Patients will be able to choose which GP practice to register with, regardless of whether it is closest to their home, under a pilot scheme announced yesterday.
For example, commuters could choose a doctor's surgery near their workplace, regardless of practice boundaries.
The year-long pilot scheme will begin in April in Westminster, City & Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Manchester, Salford and Nottingham City primary care trusts. GP practices will join up on a voluntary basis.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
Common antibiotic linked to increased risk of heart disease
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 4 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - HIGHEST QUALITY INTERNATIONAL ...
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Relationship Manager, London, Banking, Accountant...
£15 - £17 per hour: Ashdown Group: Marketing & PR Assistant - Kentish Town are...
£250 - £300 per day: Orgtel: Senior Network Integration/Test Engineer Berkshir...