Pomegranate juice could reduce workplace stress
Monday 06 June 2011
Pomegranate juice could reduce stress in the workplace, according to new research.
The study found that having the drink every day resulted in lower stress hormones and a reduction in blood pressure.
Researchers at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, studied the physiological effect of daily consumption of 500ml of Pomegreat Pure pomegranate juice over a two-week period.
They found that all 60 volunteers - from a range of working environments - reported being more enthusiastic and less distressed after having the drink.
Dr Emad Al-Dujaili, who led the study, said: "On the basis of these findings there is a justified argument for busy workers to drink pomegranate juice to help alleviate chronic stress and maintain good health.
"There is a growing body of evidence that pomegranate juice delivers wide-ranging health benefits that merit further research.
"It is very rare indeed for an all-natural juice to offer the range of health benefits that we are seeing in pomegranate juice."
The study was funded by the Pomegreat drinks company.
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Fashion Revolution Day: wear your clothes inside out and ask #whomademyclothes to support worker welfare
The world's first edible garden of cake
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...