Rogue plastic surgery clinics to be named
The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) will warn at its annual conference on Thursday that risky treatments such as breast reduction and even Botox injections are being "trivialised" by cowboy businesses eager to cash in on the plastic surgery boom.
They will disclose the names of those who offer loyalty cards and discount vouchers to encourage men and women to undergo costly and often unnecessary treatment. Nose reshaping, breast enlargement and fat reductions are becoming increasingly common with experts predicting a clinic on every high street by the end of the decade.
But Adam Searle, the BAAPS president, said the industry needed to "cool down". "We are increasingly concerned that frantic commercialisation... is pulling surgical practice and medical decision-making into a marketplace frenzy," said Mr Searle, a consultant plastic surgeon.
"We are concerned that a lot of people, especially young girls, are responding to peer pressure."
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Windows 10 release: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' with new operating system
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- < Previous
- Next >
£120 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you a quailed Teacher ...
£120 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Luton: Currently looking for teachers ...
£50 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: SEN Teaching Assistant EBD , Septemb...
£400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are currently seekin...