Sabotage suspected as Nurofen packs are recalled
The makers of Nurofen Plus recalled the tablets last night and confirmed sabotage was suspected in packets of the painkillers.
There have been five reported cases of other manufacturers' medicines found in boxes of Nurofen Plus after a safety alert on Thursday.
A spokesman for the manufacturer Reckitt Benckiser said: "Sabotage is suspected and we are working with the police on a formal investigation to find the person or persons responsible." Distribution of Nurofen Plus has been halted for the time being, he said.
Investigators are trying to establish how the packs came to contain strips of a potentially harmful drug. Three packs of Nurofen Plus were found to contain blister packs of the anti-psychotic medicine Seroquel XL 50mg. They were bought in Victoria, Bromley and Beckenham.
Yesterday, two more packets were found; one contained Seroquel XL 50mg tablets and the other contained the Pfizer product Neurontin 100mg capsules.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow to replace sun as arctic air mass moves in
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£32969 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is going through a period o...
£35000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Data Engineer is required to ...
Competitive Salary & Benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Role Title and Location: Facilitie...