Sabotage suspected as Nurofen packs are recalled
The makers of Nurofen Plus recalled the tablets last night and confirmed sabotage was suspected in packets of the painkillers.
There have been five reported cases of other manufacturers' medicines found in boxes of Nurofen Plus after a safety alert on Thursday.
A spokesman for the manufacturer Reckitt Benckiser said: "Sabotage is suspected and we are working with the police on a formal investigation to find the person or persons responsible." Distribution of Nurofen Plus has been halted for the time being, he said.
Investigators are trying to establish how the packs came to contain strips of a potentially harmful drug. Three packs of Nurofen Plus were found to contain blister packs of the anti-psychotic medicine Seroquel XL 50mg. They were bought in Victoria, Bromley and Beckenham.
Yesterday, two more packets were found; one contained Seroquel XL 50mg tablets and the other contained the Pfizer product Neurontin 100mg capsules.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...