Scandal-ridden NHS trust to be broken up
Wednesday 16 January 2013
The NHS trust at the centre of the worst health service scandal in more than a decade has no future, an NHS regulator has concluded.
Mid-Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust is likely to be broken up and its two hospitals with 344 beds partially closed or handed to new management, despite local opposition. It became synonymous with poor care after an independent inquiry in 2009 found patients had suffered appalling neglect.
Monitor, the regulator of foundation trusts, said the trust was providing safe care today but would not be able to continue doing so in the future, as it was "not clinically sustainable" and "cannot break even".
Life & Style blogs
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...