Schoolgirl shot in head by Taliban is responding to treatment in UK hospital
Friday 19 October 2012
A 14-year-old Pakistani schoolgirl who was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen is responding well to treatment, hospital officials in Birmingham said last night.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital also confirmed that it had received more than 1,500 messages of support for Malala Yousafzai, who came to public attention when she spoke out in favour of education for girls.
She arrived in Britain for urgent treatment on Monday, and the hospital said yesterday: "Her condition remains 'stable' and doctors say she is responding well to treatment."
Life & Style blogs
Everyone should watch this boy's reaction to learning he will be a big brother
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Rafael Nadal strips off in racy new ads for Tommy Hilfiger
iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...