Schoolgirl shot in head by Taliban is responding to treatment in UK hospital
Friday 19 October 2012
A 14-year-old Pakistani schoolgirl who was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen is responding well to treatment, hospital officials in Birmingham said last night.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital also confirmed that it had received more than 1,500 messages of support for Malala Yousafzai, who came to public attention when she spoke out in favour of education for girls.
She arrived in Britain for urgent treatment on Monday, and the hospital said yesterday: "Her condition remains 'stable' and doctors say she is responding well to treatment."
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy former nurse, 75, passes away at assisted dying clinic after deciding old age is 'awful'
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 1 Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
- 2 Artist Jamie McCartney: How The Great Wall of Vagina is a stand against 'body fascism'
- 3 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 4 'Gene drive': Scientists sound alarm over supercharged GM organisms which could spread in the wild and cause environmental disasters
- 5 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for an I...
£17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a leading company in the field ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£26041 - £34876 per annum: Recruitment Genius: There has never been a more exc...