Schoolgirl shot in head by Taliban is responding to treatment in UK hospital
Friday 19 October 2012
A 14-year-old Pakistani schoolgirl who was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen is responding well to treatment, hospital officials in Birmingham said last night.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital also confirmed that it had received more than 1,500 messages of support for Malala Yousafzai, who came to public attention when she spoke out in favour of education for girls.
She arrived in Britain for urgent treatment on Monday, and the hospital said yesterday: "Her condition remains 'stable' and doctors say she is responding well to treatment."
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Cher shows that ageing beauty will always be more classy than all that booty
Woman jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 3 How much sex should I be having?
- 4 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
- 5 Betting company 'refuse to pay' after student wins £1,000 from 50p bet on Roger Federer
£26000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A luxury beauty house with a nu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This company are currently recruiting new exp...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award winning Property Man...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ari...