Summit angers Royal College
Saturday 25 February 2012
The Royal College of Physicians is to hold an emergency meeting on Monday to discuss the Health and Social Care Bill.
College fellows and members say that its president, Sir Richard Thompson, should not have accepted an invitation to a Downing Street summit on Monday – and that they had urged him not to attend.
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has called for the Bill to be withdrawn. Its president, Professor Terence Stephenson, said the College never supported the Bill but it was now clear a substantial majority of members believe it "carries risk for children".
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Life & Style blogs
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
Foodini: the £835 machine that 'prints' food in your kitchen
Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
In pictures: Christmas in London through the ages
Pirate Bay sets sail for Ascension Island after SX domain name seized by authorities
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: PHP Deve...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus+benefits+package: Harrington Starr: Technica...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Risk Managemen...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: This is a new role offering the successful can...