Summit angers Royal College
Saturday 25 February 2012
The Royal College of Physicians is to hold an emergency meeting on Monday to discuss the Health and Social Care Bill.
College fellows and members say that its president, Sir Richard Thompson, should not have accepted an invitation to a Downing Street summit on Monday – and that they had urged him not to attend.
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has called for the Bill to be withdrawn. Its president, Professor Terence Stephenson, said the College never supported the Bill but it was now clear a substantial majority of members believe it "carries risk for children".
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...