Surgeons re-attach girl's arm
Friday 25 November 2011
A 12-year-old girl's arm, severed by a high-speed train, has been re-attached by surgeons.
Rebecca Huitson was at a level crossing near Newcastle when hit by the Edinburgh to London train on Monday. Her left arm was found nearby and taken to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary, where the operation took place.
She faces further surgery today.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...