Tax-avoidance crackdown for NHS
Saturday 25 August 2012
Senior NHS executives have been told to stop paying interim senior staff off payroll to tackle possible tax avoidance.
The letter, written by NHS chief executive Sir David Nicholson, was leaked to the Health Service Journal. It says that in special circumstances, off-payroll payments may be used for up to six months.
It states that if a temporary worker earning more than £220 a day is off the NHS payroll for more than six months, they will need to provide assurances that they pay income tax and National Insurance.
Trusts should "terminate the contract if the assurance is not provided," said HSJ.
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
£400000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy Markets An...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£22000 - £23000 per annum: Randstad Education Bristol: We are currently recrui...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...