The Best ways to beat a bonce ache – without pills
It appears the drugs really don't work – yes, they just make you worse. According to new guidance from the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence's (NICE) up to one million people in the UK are trapped in a "vicious cycle" of taking pain relief, only for that to cause more headaches.
The reason this happens is unclear, but don't despair, there are other ways to stem the throb of a headache, without resorting to the little white pills. Here are four to try:
1. Acupuncture – NICE recomends this for tension and migraine headaches. Not that convenient compared to a couple of Nurofen caplets, mind.
2. Water – often that aching brow is just down to simple dehydration.
3. Tiger balm white – it might not find favour with NICE, but some of the Trending team find applying this herbal preparation to their temples eases pain.
4. Massage – try rubbing away the tension, or better yet, get someone else to manipulate your sore scalp.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Life & Style blogs
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
A cup of tea is every worker's right
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Fake goats’ cheese found in supermarkets
Handy hacks that make life easier: New book reveals how to rid your inbox of spam, protect your passwords and amplify your iPhone
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£300 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: SSRS Report Developer – 3 Mon...
£95 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Key Stage 1 teacher require...
£32000 - £39000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Ashdown Group: Generalist HR Man...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...