The phone box that could be a life-saver after it was equipped with a defibrillator
Friday 30 August 2013
A disused red phone box has been jolted back to life after villagers equipped it with a defibrillator.
It is hoped the kit could help save lives in Meesden, Hertfordshire, 14 miles from the nearest A&E unit. Anyone ringing 999 from the village with a potential heart problem will be given an access code for the vandal-proof steel box.
Organiser and local resident Ken Newstead told the Hertfordshire Mercury that similar schemes could “save lives in rural communities”.
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
£400000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy Markets An...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£22000 - £23000 per annum: Randstad Education Bristol: We are currently recrui...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...