University students test positive for swine flu
Ten students at the University of Exeter have tested positive for swine flu, it was confirmed today.
The Health Protection Agency said the students were mildly affected by the virus and were receiving appropriate medical care.
A spokeswoman for the university said the students are expected to make a full recovery following treatment.
She said: "Following a risk assessment carried out by the Health Protection Agency and Devon Primary Care Trust, the University has been advised that the institution can remain open.
"In responding to the situation, the university is following its flu pandemic contingency plan and working closely with the Health Protection Agency and the Devon Primary Care Trust."
So far three other people in Devon have contracted the virus, two adults in Plymouth were confirmed this week and a 12-year-old girl in Torbay in April.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for o...
£35000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leader provides c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...