What to take: a survival kit
Tuesday 29 July 1997
l Other vaccine, if needed and if available
l Paracetamol for pain relief and colds
l Sun-screen of SPF15 or higher
l Insect repellent and mosquito net for campers
l Calamine lotion to take the sting out of sunburn
l Travel sickness pills
l Anti-diarrhoea/electrolyte replacement solutions
l Water-purification tablets
l Indigestion remedies
l Cold-sore treatment - sunlight can trigger an attack
l Anti-histamine tablets for hay fever and allergies.
A booklet, `Health Advice for Travellers', is available free from post offices and advice is also available from the Department of Health (0171-210 4850). The Hospital for Tropical Diseases and Travel Clinic runs a health line for travellers on 0839 337731.
Life & Style blogs
Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a 3-4 month pro rata fi...
£16000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Telesales Executive is requir...
£25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join ...