What to take: a survival kit
Tuesday 29 July 1997
l Other vaccine, if needed and if available
l Paracetamol for pain relief and colds
l Sun-screen of SPF15 or higher
l Insect repellent and mosquito net for campers
l Calamine lotion to take the sting out of sunburn
l Travel sickness pills
l Anti-diarrhoea/electrolyte replacement solutions
l Water-purification tablets
l Indigestion remedies
l Cold-sore treatment - sunlight can trigger an attack
l Anti-histamine tablets for hay fever and allergies.
A booklet, `Health Advice for Travellers', is available free from post offices and advice is also available from the Department of Health (0171-210 4850). The Hospital for Tropical Diseases and Travel Clinic runs a health line for travellers on 0839 337731.
Life & Style blogs
Persistent heartburn 'could be a sign of cancer', new survey warns
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Apple stopped a fingerprint scanner from appearing in Google’s Nexus 6
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...