How immunotherapy works
Thursday 19 June 2008
* Cancer immunotherapy is the technique of harnessing the body's immune system to attack the cancer.
* The immune system normally responds to threats to the body by distinguishing between itself and foreign invaders.
* In the case of cancer, this is difficult because most tumours consist of the body's own cells growing out of control.
* However, many cancer cells display unusual antigens or receptors on their surface that allows them to be identified.
* Antibodies and cancer vaccines to stimulate the immune system are being developed to attack these tumour cells.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...