How to make your diet 'crazy, sexy,' not 'sad'
Tuesday 20 July 2010
Kris Carr, author, filmmaker and motivational speaker, announced the release of her new book
Crazy Sexy Diet in a July 15 vlog clip on health and wellness concerning diet.
Carr details how to slowly reduce and add your way to an alkaline plant-based diet.
She takes a page from the book Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston, encouraging individuals to gradually give up one animal protein at a time.
For example, the goal should be to keep processed foods and animal products out of your daily diet. If you can't do it overnight, then pick one to quit and add something healthy
Carr's mantras include:
- Processed foods cause inflammation, a source of most chronic illnesses as well as stress.
- If it has a shelf life longer than you, don't eat it.
- If it is made in a lab then it takes a lab to digest.
Here are some additional books if you would like to learn more about acidity in the body and veganism before Carr's book Crazy Sexy Diet: A Gutsy Game Plan for Health, Happiness, and a Great Body! is released in January 2011 ($24.95/€19): Becoming Vegan by Brenda Davis ($19.95/€15); The Ultimate pH Solution by Michelle Schoffro Cook ($14.99/€12); and Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston ($23.95/€18.50).
To watch Carr's vlog or keep up with her Crazy Sexy Life blog, go to: http://crazysexylife.com
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Life & Style blogs
Hipster hate is everywhere - but is there a little bit of them in all of us?
Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergency blood transfusion
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up space on your iPhone or iPad to install update
- 1 Scottish independence results live: Reunited kingdom - Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
£50 - £60 per day: Randstad Education Preston: Long term SIMS School Administr...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Nursery assistants re...
£120 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you a qualified teache...
£50 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you an SEN Teacher or L...