I would die for you[r sex]
Wednesday 09 June 2010
Well, they used to before their ladies started banking big checks and monogamy took hold, according to a new study published in the peer-reviewed journal
On June 8, Daniel Kruger, PhD, assistant research professor at the University of Michigan School of Public Health told LiveScience, a science news site, "The name of the game in evolution is to get your genes in the next generation."
Kruger analyzed why men die first and found it has everything to do with sex.
Since, "mating competition is responsible for excess male mortality, then the more mating competition there is, the higher excess male mortality will be," he said in a release.
To win the favor of ladies and get the sex, money comes into play and Kruger suggests "The wider the gap between rich and poor, the more likely men are to die young."
Alpha males may continue to pass their seed driven by sex on, but it is likely that it is lessening as "the more egalitarian a society, and the more devoted to monogamy, the less extreme the risk taking. But no human culture, is perfectly free of such competition." http://cms.epjournal.net/admin/www.epjournal.net/filestore/ep08194204.pdf
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Karl Lagerfeld shoots Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst in suspenders for fashion shoot
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 4 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...