Jumping for energy
Monday 21 June 2010
Someday it may be possible to have dual-function workouts where your jump rope (powered by you for 20 minutes) recharges two AA batteries and keeps you fit simultaneously.
On June 18, Yanko Design (YD), an international design blog, showcased inventor Kyung Guk Lee's design concept that does exactly that, enter the E-rope a whole new meaning of green fitness.
Green fitness like how the American actor and environmentalist Ed Begley Jr. rides a stationary bike to feed energy to his toaster to make breakfast.
You could sort of do the same; the batteries are somehow powered via kinetic energy as you jump thru the handles that store a battery on each side.
Watch the concept of E-rope harnessing "human power": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmjVaMpcmlk
Actress isn't a fan of Ed Miliband
Do you qualify – and how do you get it?
Life & Style blogs
New £3 pill that will help stop you drinking too much available on the NHS
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
£40000 per annum + benefits: Langley James : Senior Infrastructure Engineer; V...
£75000 - £100000 per annum + £150k ote: h2 Recruit Ltd: There are many compani...
£18000 - £25000 per annum + £35k ote: h2 Recruit Ltd: Looking for your first s...
£19000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This publishing house has been ...