Jumping for energy
Monday 21 June 2010
Someday it may be possible to have dual-function workouts where your jump rope (powered by you for 20 minutes) recharges two AA batteries and keeps you fit simultaneously.
On June 18, Yanko Design (YD), an international design blog, showcased inventor Kyung Guk Lee's design concept that does exactly that, enter the E-rope a whole new meaning of green fitness.
Green fitness like how the American actor and environmentalist Ed Begley Jr. rides a stationary bike to feed energy to his toaster to make breakfast.
You could sort of do the same; the batteries are somehow powered via kinetic energy as you jump thru the handles that store a battery on each side.
Watch the concept of E-rope harnessing "human power": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmjVaMpcmlk
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Healthy living could have prevented half a million cancer cases over last five years
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 3 The Grace Dent Christmas Questionnaire
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...
£70000 - £75000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Marketi...