Jumping for energy
Monday 21 June 2010
Someday it may be possible to have dual-function workouts where your jump rope (powered by you for 20 minutes) recharges two AA batteries and keeps you fit simultaneously.
On June 18, Yanko Design (YD), an international design blog, showcased inventor Kyung Guk Lee's design concept that does exactly that, enter the E-rope a whole new meaning of green fitness.
Green fitness like how the American actor and environmentalist Ed Begley Jr. rides a stationary bike to feed energy to his toaster to make breakfast.
You could sort of do the same; the batteries are somehow powered via kinetic energy as you jump thru the handles that store a battery on each side.
Watch the concept of E-rope harnessing "human power": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmjVaMpcmlk
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Physiotherapist / Sports Ther...
£8 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Sales Executives / Advisors are required...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...