Magnesium is the new sodium
Wednesday 21 July 2010
Smart Salt, a mineral-based salt alternative, reduces up to 60 percent of sodium in foods.
"Smart Salt, based on magnesal, is a patented technology for a co-crystal that is primarily based on magnesium - a desirable mineral often deficient in our diets," said Deborah Rolf, Executive Vice President, Americas-Smart Salt, Inc. at the 2010 Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Annual Meeting & Food Expo (IFT10) on July 19.
"With the common name of magnesal, this innovative sodium alternative provides an unsurpassed level of taste enhancement."
Smart Salt is described as being appropriate for seasoning and baking just like salt without sacrificing taste and also adding "10% of your daily recommended values of potassium and magnesium."
Expect to find Smart Salt on shelves and highlighted in various products and heart-healthy menus in the coming months, for more information, go to: http://www.smartsalt.com
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Broadmoor financial scandal: The £4m of NHS funds wasted at high-security hospital
- 1 Rowan Atkinson to sell £10 million McLaren 'supercar' he crashed into a tree and a lamppost
- 2 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 3 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...