Money can’t buy satisfaction or motivate
Friday 16 July 2010
Daniel Pink, a best-selling author of numerous books including
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates US ($26.95/€21), asserts there are three scientifically proven elements to motivating people and money is not one of them.
In Drive, Pink describes the key to satisfaction in all facets of your life is rooted in the need for:
- autonomy: ability to direct our own lives
- mastery: continually learn and create new things
- purpose: desire to better ourselves and our world
Pink is to keynote at the world's largest ingredient expo, IFT10, presented by the International Food Technologists (IFT) in Chicago on July 18, to help scientists and businesses re-evaluate the way performance is encouraged.
Here is a look at Pink's talk at TEDGlobal 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrvAUbU9Y
Plus to learn more about Pink and his other books, go to: http://www.danpink.com
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Miss Universe 2015: A beefeater, a yellow tree and an entire hockey game - the bizarre national costumes
- 1 Paris attacks: Do not call Charlie Hebdo killers 'terrorists', BBC says
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 5 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
£12000 - £14400 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: Experienced Cover Supervisor...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company are proud to be on...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable business is looking to rec...
£20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable business is looking to rec...