Money can’t buy satisfaction or motivate
Friday 16 July 2010
Daniel Pink, a best-selling author of numerous books including
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates US ($26.95/€21), asserts there are three scientifically proven elements to motivating people and money is not one of them.
In Drive, Pink describes the key to satisfaction in all facets of your life is rooted in the need for:
- autonomy: ability to direct our own lives
- mastery: continually learn and create new things
- purpose: desire to better ourselves and our world
Pink is to keynote at the world's largest ingredient expo, IFT10, presented by the International Food Technologists (IFT) in Chicago on July 18, to help scientists and businesses re-evaluate the way performance is encouraged.
Here is a look at Pink's talk at TEDGlobal 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrvAUbU9Y
Plus to learn more about Pink and his other books, go to: http://www.danpink.com
Life & Style blogs
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Nasa might have successfully tested a warp drive that could carry people at speeds approaching that of light
ZX Spectrum to return with Vega reboot
- 1 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 Tory activist asked to step down after Labour candidate Rupa Huq is 'manhandled' while questioning Boris Johnson on the campaign trail
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Digital Marketing Cons...
£16640 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Assistant Stores Keeper is r...
£16000 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Developer required to join a bu...