N.Korea claims 'super drink' breakthrough
Monday 07 June 2010
North Korea's propaganda machine, taking time off from threatening war with South Korea, hailed Friday the development of a "super drink" that can multiply brain cells and stop skin ageing.
The anti-oxidation drink contains 60 kinds of "microelements" extracted from more than 30 species of plants, according to the communist state's official news agency KCNA.
"It, with effects of both preventive and curative treatment, helps improve mental and retentive faculties by multiplying brain cells," KCNA said.
The drink can also protect skin from wrinkles and black spots, and prevent common conditions such as heart disease by removing "acid effete matters", it said.
"It also makes skin fair."
The drink is a breakthrough by the state company Moranbong Carbonated Fruit Juice Joint Venture, which also makes fizzy water flavoured with fruits such as apples, peaches and strawberries, KCNA said.
It quoted a company manager as saying the drink has "proved efficacious among workers of such industrial establishments as thermal power station and smeltery and at medical institutions".
The miracle drink attracted "much interest from Chinese, German and other businessmen" at a trade fair in Pyongyang last month, the news agency said.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...