N.Korea claims 'super drink' breakthrough
Monday 07 June 2010
North Korea's propaganda machine, taking time off from threatening war with South Korea, hailed Friday the development of a "super drink" that can multiply brain cells and stop skin ageing.
The anti-oxidation drink contains 60 kinds of "microelements" extracted from more than 30 species of plants, according to the communist state's official news agency KCNA.
"It, with effects of both preventive and curative treatment, helps improve mental and retentive faculties by multiplying brain cells," KCNA said.
The drink can also protect skin from wrinkles and black spots, and prevent common conditions such as heart disease by removing "acid effete matters", it said.
"It also makes skin fair."
The drink is a breakthrough by the state company Moranbong Carbonated Fruit Juice Joint Venture, which also makes fizzy water flavoured with fruits such as apples, peaches and strawberries, KCNA said.
It quoted a company manager as saying the drink has "proved efficacious among workers of such industrial establishments as thermal power station and smeltery and at medical institutions".
The miracle drink attracted "much interest from Chinese, German and other businessmen" at a trade fair in Pyongyang last month, the news agency said.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...