See: how to best care for your breasts to keep them cancer-free
Monday 20 September 2010
On September 16, Bright Pink, an organization devoted to the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancers, and Orbit White gum partnered to create a live webcast "Treasure your Chest" to teach girls worldwide how to keep their "girls" healthy and cancer-free.
Celebrity news network E!'s Giuliana Rancic and Bright Pink's founder Lindsay Avner demonstrate the best way to "feel yourself up" and advise making a "monthly date with the girls."
The World Health Organization notes, "breast cancer is the top cancer in women both in the developed and the developing world" and "early detection in order to improve breast cancer outcome and survival remains the cornerstone of breast cancer control."
See "Treasure your Chest" for more details on how to give yourself a proper exam and learn more about breast peer support with Pink Pals: http://www.livestream.com/treasureyourchest
Highlights include preventative measures and what to look for:
- If you feel a frozen pea-like lump, experience persistent itching, soreness, and pain consult your physician.
- Proactive tips to keep your breasts healthy: exercise daily, limit fat in your diet, drink no more than one alcoholic beverage a day, breast-feeding can lower your risk, and maintain your weight.
The US National Cancer Institute (NCI) also has an online tool that calculates your breast cancer risk, to check your risk you need to be 35+ years old and answer 7 questions: http://www.cancer.gov/bcrisktoolmobile/Q00.aspx
Bright Pink offers "Underwire alerts" or monthly text reminders to conduct your self-exams. To sign up, access downloadable healthy tools and a Pink Pals, visit: http://www.bebrightpink.org/programs/support-community/breast-self-exam-text-reminder/
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...