SPORE 2010 nominations close on March 31
Sunday 28 March 2010
The second annual prize organized by
Science, the international journal published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), officially called the
Science Prize for Online Resources in Education (SPORE) is accepting nominations until March 31.
SPORE winners are selected by Science editors and a panel of teachers and researchers in the relevant fields, chaired by the Editor-in-Chief. Those responsible for the winning sites are invited to write essays for the 2011 editions of Science. The goal of SPORE is to recognize "innovation and excellence in education, and encourage the use of high-quality on-line resources by students, teachers, and the public."
SPORE is awarded without regard to sex, race, nationality, geographical location of the project, or membership in AAAS. Funding partners of AAAS, previous SPORE winners, employees of Science and AAAS and their subsidiaries, and immediate family relatives of employees, are not eligible for the prize.
- Project must focus on science education.
- Resources described must be freely available on the internet.
- Project can be targeted to students or teachers at the precollege or college level, or it can serve the informal education needs of the general public.
- Internet resources must be in English or include an English translation.
- Nominations are welcome from all sources; self- and independent-nominations are welcome
- All nominations should be submitted to SPORE2010@aaas.org by March 31
- Include both the nominator's and nominees' contact information: name, affiliation, address, telephone, and email address
- Name and URL of the main site
- 500 words or less description on why this project deserves the award including: target audience, goal and supporting evidence to show effectiveness.
- Maximum of 3 brief letters of support from others (optional)
For more information visit: http://www.aaas.org/aboutaaas/awards/spore/
Life & Style blogs
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Vogue's 'Big Booty' stars
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand
£45000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Chelmsf...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are cur...
£110 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Cambridge: Supply teachers required fo...
£40000 - £45000 Per Annum + benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Project...