SPORE 2010 nominations close on March 31
Sunday 28 March 2010
The second annual prize organized by
Science, the international journal published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), officially called the
Science Prize for Online Resources in Education (SPORE) is accepting nominations until March 31.
SPORE winners are selected by Science editors and a panel of teachers and researchers in the relevant fields, chaired by the Editor-in-Chief. Those responsible for the winning sites are invited to write essays for the 2011 editions of Science. The goal of SPORE is to recognize "innovation and excellence in education, and encourage the use of high-quality on-line resources by students, teachers, and the public."
SPORE is awarded without regard to sex, race, nationality, geographical location of the project, or membership in AAAS. Funding partners of AAAS, previous SPORE winners, employees of Science and AAAS and their subsidiaries, and immediate family relatives of employees, are not eligible for the prize.
- Project must focus on science education.
- Resources described must be freely available on the internet.
- Project can be targeted to students or teachers at the precollege or college level, or it can serve the informal education needs of the general public.
- Internet resources must be in English or include an English translation.
- Nominations are welcome from all sources; self- and independent-nominations are welcome
- All nominations should be submitted to SPORE2010@aaas.org by March 31
- Include both the nominator's and nominees' contact information: name, affiliation, address, telephone, and email address
- Name and URL of the main site
- 500 words or less description on why this project deserves the award including: target audience, goal and supporting evidence to show effectiveness.
- Maximum of 3 brief letters of support from others (optional)
For more information visit: http://www.aaas.org/aboutaaas/awards/spore/
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...