SPORE 2010 nominations close on March 31
Sunday 28 March 2010
The second annual prize organized by
Science, the international journal published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), officially called the
Science Prize for Online Resources in Education (SPORE) is accepting nominations until March 31.
SPORE winners are selected by Science editors and a panel of teachers and researchers in the relevant fields, chaired by the Editor-in-Chief. Those responsible for the winning sites are invited to write essays for the 2011 editions of Science. The goal of SPORE is to recognize "innovation and excellence in education, and encourage the use of high-quality on-line resources by students, teachers, and the public."
SPORE is awarded without regard to sex, race, nationality, geographical location of the project, or membership in AAAS. Funding partners of AAAS, previous SPORE winners, employees of Science and AAAS and their subsidiaries, and immediate family relatives of employees, are not eligible for the prize.
- Project must focus on science education.
- Resources described must be freely available on the internet.
- Project can be targeted to students or teachers at the precollege or college level, or it can serve the informal education needs of the general public.
- Internet resources must be in English or include an English translation.
- Nominations are welcome from all sources; self- and independent-nominations are welcome
- All nominations should be submitted to SPORE2010@aaas.org by March 31
- Include both the nominator's and nominees' contact information: name, affiliation, address, telephone, and email address
- Name and URL of the main site
- 500 words or less description on why this project deserves the award including: target audience, goal and supporting evidence to show effectiveness.
- Maximum of 3 brief letters of support from others (optional)
For more information visit: http://www.aaas.org/aboutaaas/awards/spore/
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Account Payable Assistant - SW Londo...
£14560 - £17680 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Even though their premises have...
£44000 - £48000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Marketing company based in cent...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An IT Installation / Commission...