SPORE 2010 nominations close on March 31
Sunday 28 March 2010
The second annual prize organized by
Science, the international journal published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), officially called the
Science Prize for Online Resources in Education (SPORE) is accepting nominations until March 31.
SPORE winners are selected by Science editors and a panel of teachers and researchers in the relevant fields, chaired by the Editor-in-Chief. Those responsible for the winning sites are invited to write essays for the 2011 editions of Science. The goal of SPORE is to recognize "innovation and excellence in education, and encourage the use of high-quality on-line resources by students, teachers, and the public."
SPORE is awarded without regard to sex, race, nationality, geographical location of the project, or membership in AAAS. Funding partners of AAAS, previous SPORE winners, employees of Science and AAAS and their subsidiaries, and immediate family relatives of employees, are not eligible for the prize.
- Project must focus on science education.
- Resources described must be freely available on the internet.
- Project can be targeted to students or teachers at the precollege or college level, or it can serve the informal education needs of the general public.
- Internet resources must be in English or include an English translation.
- Nominations are welcome from all sources; self- and independent-nominations are welcome
- All nominations should be submitted to SPORE2010@aaas.org by March 31
- Include both the nominator's and nominees' contact information: name, affiliation, address, telephone, and email address
- Name and URL of the main site
- 500 words or less description on why this project deserves the award including: target audience, goal and supporting evidence to show effectiveness.
- Maximum of 3 brief letters of support from others (optional)
For more information visit: http://www.aaas.org/aboutaaas/awards/spore/
Life & Style blogs
Revolutionary genetic drug trial will herald 'new era' in the fight against cancer
Peak District National Park celebrates 63rd birthday (and its stunning views) with a Google Doodle
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
Kim Jong-un's haircut: The Independent heads to Ealing to try out the dictator's do
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...