Ten beginner fitness DVDs to jump start the New Year
Monday 03 January 2011
If your New Year's resolution is to get fit, popular health and fitness website The Fit Bottom Girls has sifted through hundreds of fitness DVDs to offer up their top ten at-home workouts to help you achieve your goals.
On January 1, the website posted their top picks for beginners - DVDs that provide plenty of modifications, precise instruction, and, according to the reviewers, are fun to do.
1. The Biggest Loser: Power Walk: Fans of the hit US television series The Biggest Loser are familiar with fitness trainer Bob Harper, who leads beginners in a low-impact, one-mile walking workout.
2. The Spark: Fit, Firm & Fired Up in 10 Minutes a Day: Squeeze in a quick workout with one of seven different 10-minute programs.
4. Marisa Tomei: Core & Curves: Hardbody actress Tomei and fitness trainer Key Son lead you through a 60-minute workout of dance, Pilates, and core moves, broken down into manageable 20-minute, 15-minute, and 10-minute segments.
5. Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover: Known best as Oprah's trainer, Greene offers top-notch strength-training coaching for beginners in eight short workouts that build on each other for an eight-week program.
6. Kim Lyons' Start Fitness Now: "Simply put, this is one of the best beginner fitness DVDs we've ever reviewed," writes Fit Bottom Girls. The trainer on the hit show The Biggest Loser puts you through the paces with a simple choreographed workout requiring a set of dumbbells.
7. EA SPORTS Active: The workout for gamers, this video game comes with a resistance band, heart rate monitor, motion sensors embedded in leg and arm straps, and access to an online portal that allows users to share progress with others.
8. Element: AM and PM Yoga for Beginners: Start and end your day with a smooth-flowing series of classic yoga poses filmed in a flower-filled, oceanside setting to get you feeling Zen and flexible.
9. Bollywood Booty: In the mood for something different? Instructor Hemalyaa Behl gets you moving in this "light-hearted" Bollywood-inspired, 50-minute workout.
10. Yoga Booty Ballet: Light & Easy: This oldie but goodie mixes yoga with strength training and dance moves.
Access the full article: http://fitbottomedgirls.com/2011/01/the-10-best-beginner-workout-dvds%E2%80%94ever/
Looking for an intermediate workout? Get the top ten picks: http://fitbottomedgirls.com/2011/01/the-10-best-intermediate-workout-dvds%E2%80%94ever/
Watch a sample of Bollywood Booty here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOy2VoQQzsM
Life & Style blogs
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
The Pirate Bay is back — but key staff have left to start a rival site
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: PMLD Teacher A specialist primary school i...
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...