Top treadmills of 2011: Landice L7, Sole F85, Smooth 9.35 HR
Wednesday 05 January 2011
If you're looking to purchase a treadmill for your home this year, you're in luck. Today's models have replaced yesterday's bulky, pricey treadmills with sleek new designs that fit many budgets.
Last month, health and fitness website Livestrong.com reported on a few best buys for 2011 in a series of articles on choice picks for in-home usage, tight budgets, or big splurges.
1. Landice L7 ProSports Trainer - Ideal for serious running, this treadmill offers an extra-long walking area, 4-ply deck (usually only found on commercial treadmills), patented shock absorption system, an aluminum frame, and great warranty. Price: about $4,000/€3,000.
2. Gold's Gym Maxx CrossWalk 650 - This budget-priced treadmill is ideal for walkers and sells for $650/€485. The machine has plenty of programs, a quiet motor, and a good-size walking area, as well as nice cushioning and a power incline.
3. The Sole F85 - The Sole F85 treadmill has a number of things going for it: a relatively low price point for a high-end machine ($2,000/€1,500), a long running surface, and a 15 percent incline.
4. The Reebok S 9.80 - At $700/€523, this treadmill offers a longer, 60-inch (152.4 cm) belt, suitable for runners over walkers, a 12 mph (about 19 kph) speed limit, and a 12 percent maximum incline.
5. Smooth 9.35 HR - This model offers a shock absorption system that reduces impact on the joints. Features a full 3.0 horsepower motor and a lifetime warranty. For $2,950/€2,201, the Smooth 9.35 HR treadmill is a genuine runner's machine.
For something different, try attaching the TrekDesk Treadmill Desk to your treadmill and work out while you work. The TrekDesk is a desk that fits over an existing treadmill, and is being touted by Forbes magazine as a luxury worth the splurge. Price: $479/€358.
Some good sites to research treadmills before you buy:
Watch a video with tips on buying a treadmill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adj7VbWyOD0
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The Lockhart, restaurant review: Brad McDonald has picked up the south-western ball and kicked it out of the park
GTA 5, Xbox One review: Next gen Los Santos is beautiful chaos
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Pirelli calendar 2015: First plus-size model Candice Huffine is featured alongside Adriana Lima and Natalia Vodianova in a fetish-themed shoot
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Largest ever study into the gay gene 'erodes the notion that sexual orientation is a choice'
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Trainee Sales Account Manager...