Top treadmills of 2011: Landice L7, Sole F85, Smooth 9.35 HR
Wednesday 05 January 2011
If you're looking to purchase a treadmill for your home this year, you're in luck. Today's models have replaced yesterday's bulky, pricey treadmills with sleek new designs that fit many budgets.
Last month, health and fitness website Livestrong.com reported on a few best buys for 2011 in a series of articles on choice picks for in-home usage, tight budgets, or big splurges.
1. Landice L7 ProSports Trainer - Ideal for serious running, this treadmill offers an extra-long walking area, 4-ply deck (usually only found on commercial treadmills), patented shock absorption system, an aluminum frame, and great warranty. Price: about $4,000/€3,000.
2. Gold's Gym Maxx CrossWalk 650 - This budget-priced treadmill is ideal for walkers and sells for $650/€485. The machine has plenty of programs, a quiet motor, and a good-size walking area, as well as nice cushioning and a power incline.
3. The Sole F85 - The Sole F85 treadmill has a number of things going for it: a relatively low price point for a high-end machine ($2,000/€1,500), a long running surface, and a 15 percent incline.
4. The Reebok S 9.80 - At $700/€523, this treadmill offers a longer, 60-inch (152.4 cm) belt, suitable for runners over walkers, a 12 mph (about 19 kph) speed limit, and a 12 percent maximum incline.
5. Smooth 9.35 HR - This model offers a shock absorption system that reduces impact on the joints. Features a full 3.0 horsepower motor and a lifetime warranty. For $2,950/€2,201, the Smooth 9.35 HR treadmill is a genuine runner's machine.
For something different, try attaching the TrekDesk Treadmill Desk to your treadmill and work out while you work. The TrekDesk is a desk that fits over an existing treadmill, and is being touted by Forbes magazine as a luxury worth the splurge. Price: $479/€358.
Some good sites to research treadmills before you buy:
Watch a video with tips on buying a treadmill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adj7VbWyOD0
Justin Bieber was one of the hardest hit
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£50000 per annum + 26 days, pension, private medical : Ashdown Group: A highly...
£425 per day: Ashdown Group: A small business with an established global offer...
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable law firm based in central London ...
£30 per hour: Ashdown Group: An industry leading and well established business...