A Day That Shook The World: Funeral of Diana
Thursday 31 March 2011
On 6 September 1997, the world mourned the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.
An estimated two billion people watched the funeral service, which was held at Westminster Abbey, on television, while hundreds of thousands lined the route taken by the hearse to pay tribute to a very popular public figure.
She was buried at her family home at Althorp, Northamptonshire, finally away from the eyes of the world.
Watch original British Pathe footage from the funeral, above.
Life & Style blogs
Low-cost metal 3D printer could be the next step in home manufacturing revolution
YouTube: Top trending videos of 2013 - including Tom Daley and Peppa Pig
People who drink alcohol outlive those who abstain, study shows
Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
GTA 5 update: Content Creator released, online heists and story mode updates coming soon
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
£320 - £350 per day + extension beyond: PCR Recruitment Limited: Systems Engin...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company delivers display ad...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: 1st/2nd Line Suppo...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Internal Audit Ma...