A Day That Shook The World: Queen Victoria's funeral
Wednesday 02 February 2011
On 2 February 1901 the body of Queen Victoria was given a state funeral in London.
The Queen had died aged 81 just ten days earlier, ending a 63-year reign.
Having ascended to the throne at 18 with her marriage to Prince Albert, she was left as sole ruler after his death just 20 years later and spent the remainder of her life in mourning.
Her son Edward VII took the throne aged 62 after his mother's death and would rule for only 9 years before his own.
Watch remarkably early footage of Victoria's funeral courtesy of British Pathe (above)
Life & Style blogs
How to carve a pumpkin for Halloween with this tutorial
Five year old British boy becomes youngest ever qualified computer specialist
Sex with more than 20 women 'reduces risk of prostate cancer'
Woman successfully sues Google for showing her with 'part of her breast exposed' on Street View
Halloween 2014: Google celebrates All Hallows' Eve with Doodle
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...