2 nights for the price of 1
Monday 09 September 1996
Simply pay for one night's bed and breakfast and you will get the next night, including breakfast, free. Prices are based on two people sharing a double or twin room.
All the participating hotels are members of the Minotel consortium and many will allow you to enjoy a longer stay on the same basis; pay for two nights and stay for four, for example. You can check this with your chosen hotel when you make your initial reservation.
There are more than 60 Minotel hotels participating in this offer, all of which are located in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. All the hotels offer top-class comfort and pride themselves on providing a personal service that many larger establishments cannot match. In The Independent on Friday 13 September we will print a list of all the participating Minotel hotels with a brief description of each.
Pictured today is The Redfern Hotel in Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire which costs pounds 65 for a double room for one night.
How to Qualify
To qualify for your 2 for 1 break, you must collect three differently numbered tokens from the seven we are printing in The Independent and the Independent on Sunday and attach them to a voucher which we will print in The Independent on Thursday 12 September. When you have three tokens plus the voucher, follow the booking procedure detailed on this page. Today we print Token 3; Token 4 will be printed in tomorrow's Independent.
Terms and Conditions
1. To participate in our 2 for 1 offer you must collect 3 differently numbered tokens and attach them to a voucher which will be printed on Thursday 12 September along with a confirmation booking form.
2. The voucher may be redeemed at any participating Minotel hotel (from the hotel list printed in The Independent on Friday 13 September) for one free night's bed and breakfast for two people in a standard twin or double bedded room when the first night's bed and breakfast is pre-purchased at the price indicated.
3. Some hotels, at the proprietor's discretion, will accept the voucher for longer stays on the same basis, so you can stay for 4 nights for the price of 2 for example. Please check with your chosen hotel when making your booking.
4. The voucher does not cover payment for any other meals or service that may be requested by the holder and cannot be used with any other offer, saving or discount that may be available at the hotel.
5. One child, under the age of 12 years at the time of booking and sharing a room with two adults will be accommodated free of charge but all meals, including breakfast, will be chargeable.
6. The descriptions and prices contained in this offer have been supplied by participating hotels. While every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy prior to publication, no responsibility can be taken by Newspaper Publishing plc, Charterhouse Promotions or Minotel for any error, omissions or changes that may take place afterwards without notice.
7. No bookings will be accepted for Bank holiday periods.
8. All bookings must be made no more than six weeks in advance of your proposed date of arrival.
9. Vouchers are valid until 30 April 1997.
10. Vouchers must be surrendered on arrival at the hotel and can be used on one occasion only.
11. Photocopies of tokens and vouchers are not acceptable.
1. All bookings must be made by telephone direct with each individual hotel. Callers must identify themselves as "Independent 2 for 1 voucher holders" as some hotels may have standard or superior rooms available at normal rates when their allocation of 2 for 1 rooms is full.
2. All bookings must be pre-paid and reservations can be confirmed over the telephone by credit card holders at most hotels.
3. Voucher holders wishing to pay by other methods can make a provisional booking by phone which the hotel will keep open for 48 hours pending receipt of the confirmation booking form and payment which will be acknowledged by the hotel on the day it is received. If you do not receive such an acknowledgement within seven days, you are advised to contact the hotel.
4. No-shows or cancellations less than 14 days prior to the anticipated date of arrival at the hotel will render the voucher invalid and the holder liable for payment in full for each night booked, including those previously offered free.
5. All bookings made under this promotion are subject to availability and to the selected hotel's own terms and conditions, except where those conditions may differ from these in which case these conditions shall prevail.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
sportNapoli 2 Arsenal 0: Gunners must now face either Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona in knock-out stages
musicAs Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder rake in the royalties from their classics, why there hasn't been a decent festive hit for 20 years?
theatreAuthor Daniel Rosenthal recalls the mishaps that almost brought the curtain down on the likes of John Gielgud and Diana Rigg
filmFilm producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
lifeAs the Royal Mail plans to phase out deliveries on two wheels, it's no wonder posties are in a spin
musicThe 21-year-old beat Ella Eyre and Chlöe Howl to win the honour
lifeFull of the joys and want to help your fellow man? December isn't the time to do it
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Life & Style blogs
Low-cost metal 3D printer could be the next step in home manufacturing revolution
YouTube: Top trending videos of 2013 - including Tom Daley and Peppa Pig
People who drink alcohol outlive those who abstain, study shows
Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
GTA 5 update: Content Creator released, online heists and story mode updates coming soon
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
£77099.84 - £96375.26 per annum + Bonus + Benefits : Harrington Starr: My clie...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Package: Harrington Starr: Trading appli...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (Win...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...