In Thing: The Polaroid camera
Wednesday 21 January 1998
Fifteen years on, the Polaroid has come of age. It's knocked a few of its corners off - it's even achieved Spice-status - but it's essentially the same old camera. Polaroid are successfully targeting a generation for whom technology needn't mean austere black boxes to be handled with care and patience. You may not dare to take it where you would a pounds 10 disposable camera, but the Polaroid panders to junk-image appetites. You wanna picture? You got it.
Polaroid CL approx pounds 29.99; Polaroid Spice Cam, pounds 44.99
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the North West's leading providers of w...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£16000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SEO Executive is required to...
£16000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to continued expansion, an ...