Independent Competition in Conjunction With Liberty and Crafts Council shops
Friday 04 September 1998
Write the number of your nomination here:
Daytime telephone number:
Tiebreaker: Complete the following phrase in no more than 12 words: I think my nomination should be The Independent's choice because...
Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions
1. All entries must be legible and arrive at the address on the entry form by the second post (midday) on Monday 15th September 1998. Proof of posting will not be taken as proof of delivery and no responsibility will be taken for lost or damaged entries. 2. Only one entry per person is permitted on an entry form cut from the Independent or obtained from our offices. 3. From the eight short-listed nominations the readers will have to nominate their choice of winner. The Independent's two design editors will then decide who, in their opinion, completed the tie-break sentence in the most apt way. Winners will be notified by post. 4. First prize will be pounds 750 to be spent at Liberty, Regent Street, on glass. Two runners-up will each receive pounds 250 gift vouchers to spend at one of the Crafts Council shops by the end of the year. 5. The editors' decision is final. 6. Employees and families of The Independent Group, their agents and members of their families are not eligible to enter. 7. The winners names may be published in the Independent on the 18th September 1998, or at a later date. 8. No purchase necessary. To obtain an entry form, send an SAE to Independent Newspapers Group, Marketing Department, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL. 9. The competition is held by Independent Newspapers Group. 10. Entry implies acceptance of these rules, terms and conditions.
Life & Style blogs
Imagination Quotient tests could lead to smartphone app that boosts your creativity
Ghosting: what to do if you've been a victim
Plus-size clothing: Top fashion brands are finally offering sizes and designs for the fuller-figured
Asexuality: when life isn't all about sex
Twitter deletes plagiarised jokes for 'copyright infringement'
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 3 Mers outbreak: Manchester Royal Infirmary A&E closes over suspected cases
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: £20000 - £25000 per annum + c...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a number ...
£15000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you want to work for an exci...