Independent Competition in Conjunction With Liberty and Crafts Council shops
Friday 04 September 1998
Write the number of your nomination here:
Daytime telephone number:
Tiebreaker: Complete the following phrase in no more than 12 words: I think my nomination should be The Independent's choice because...
Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions
1. All entries must be legible and arrive at the address on the entry form by the second post (midday) on Monday 15th September 1998. Proof of posting will not be taken as proof of delivery and no responsibility will be taken for lost or damaged entries. 2. Only one entry per person is permitted on an entry form cut from the Independent or obtained from our offices. 3. From the eight short-listed nominations the readers will have to nominate their choice of winner. The Independent's two design editors will then decide who, in their opinion, completed the tie-break sentence in the most apt way. Winners will be notified by post. 4. First prize will be pounds 750 to be spent at Liberty, Regent Street, on glass. Two runners-up will each receive pounds 250 gift vouchers to spend at one of the Crafts Council shops by the end of the year. 5. The editors' decision is final. 6. Employees and families of The Independent Group, their agents and members of their families are not eligible to enter. 7. The winners names may be published in the Independent on the 18th September 1998, or at a later date. 8. No purchase necessary. To obtain an entry form, send an SAE to Independent Newspapers Group, Marketing Department, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL. 9. The competition is held by Independent Newspapers Group. 10. Entry implies acceptance of these rules, terms and conditions.
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Living with Google Glass: what are they actually like to wear?
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
Splint made by 3D printer used to save baby’s life
The 10 Best road-trip gadgets
Google Glass: First images taken on Google's new glasses appear on Twitter
- 1 Exclusive: Woolwich attack suspect was known to banned terror group and security services
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, the mother-of-two hailed as a hero for confronting Woolwich attackers, thought: 'better me than a child'
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.