Inessential thing: Key-chain laser pointer
Thursday 26 February 1998
Designed for use in slide presentations, the pointer, it's claimed, is "small enough to be kept on your key ring and ready for use at all times".
As Noel Gallagher will tell you, however, the person who zapped Oasis with a laser pointer at a concert on their last UK tour wasn't holding an impromptu mid-gig seminar.
Even if those middle-management types aren't out and about blinding rock stars with their pointers, the fact that the laser, once the most glamorous of technologies, has ended up at best a glorified stick and at worst a key-ring novelty is pretty disappointing.
Lasers - about as sexy as flip charts.
Key Chain Laser Pointer, pounds 29.95 (stockists, 0990 80 70 60)
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...