Inessential thing: Key-chain laser pointer
Thursday 26 February 1998
Designed for use in slide presentations, the pointer, it's claimed, is "small enough to be kept on your key ring and ready for use at all times".
As Noel Gallagher will tell you, however, the person who zapped Oasis with a laser pointer at a concert on their last UK tour wasn't holding an impromptu mid-gig seminar.
Even if those middle-management types aren't out and about blinding rock stars with their pointers, the fact that the laser, once the most glamorous of technologies, has ended up at best a glorified stick and at worst a key-ring novelty is pretty disappointing.
Lasers - about as sexy as flip charts.
Key Chain Laser Pointer, pounds 29.95 (stockists, 0990 80 70 60)
Life & Style blogs
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
£9464 - £12995 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful applicant will ne...
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hull based charity providing except...
£9464 - £10396 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful applicant will ne...