Sunday 06 July 1997
Les Afters - after-hour clubs and bars
Il faut speeder - we'd better hurry up
Checkez la meuf - check out that chick
C'est cosy - fashion term for anything cool, relaxed or bistro feel
Il est clean - he's nice looking and inoffensive
C'est classe - it's fab
C'est top - it's great
Il a un bon look - he's got good taste in clothes and is probably wearing at least one designer label
C'est tres Seventies/tres fashion - it's a bit try-hard or fashion victim
On va bruncher dimanche? - a desperately nonchalant way to say how about lunch Sunday
Petit - insert before every noun to show how deeply with-it you are: petit cafe, petit desert, petit bonjour, on va prendre un petit vert
Truc - literally 'thingy' or 'wotsit'. Insert in place of any noun you are too lazy or too cool to pronounce.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca reclaims top spot to be named world's best restaurant
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
- 1 Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who ran away after argument with her parents
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 3 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 4 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
- 5 Fifa corruption: Qatar says investigations are racist, anti-Arab and show 'ugly face' of countries who lost 2022 World Cup bid
Competitive salary & benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the opportunity? A pro-act...
Competitive salary & benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the opportunity? The small...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fabricator welder required for ...
£14564 - £15311 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Inbound Customer Service Adviso...