Letter: Lessons for the English in Welsh
There is obviously a demand for Welsh-medium education in London if parents are prepared to pay pounds 1,200 a year for each of 62 children, and no doubt there are many others, less economically advantaged, who would also wish to opt for Welsh.
Wales provides education in the public sector through the medium of English for those who require it; one would ex-pect that England would reciprocate by providing Welsh education in centres of England where there is a demand, or at least have a system of assisted places.
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
£35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: This is a...
£35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitment Company...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Sales Engineer - Cow...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Cameron Kennedy Recruitment: This rapidl...