Letter: Lessons for the English in Welsh
There is obviously a demand for Welsh-medium education in London if parents are prepared to pay pounds 1,200 a year for each of 62 children, and no doubt there are many others, less economically advantaged, who would also wish to opt for Welsh.
Wales provides education in the public sector through the medium of English for those who require it; one would ex-pect that England would reciprocate by providing Welsh education in centres of England where there is a demand, or at least have a system of assisted places.
Life & Style blogs
How to carve a pumpkin for Halloween with this step-by-step tutorial
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
Sex with more than 20 women 'reduces risk of prostate cancer'
Top 10 horror video games for Halloween
Jamie Oliver’s version of Jollof rice does not go down well with West Africans
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Pope Francis: 'Caring for the poor does not make you a communist'
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
£40000 - £65000 per annum + bonus + benefits + OT: Ampersand Consulting LLP: M...
£22800 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: The JobAt ...
£22800 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Calling al...
£100 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: EYFS Teachers - East Essex...