LETTER: Premium bets
Friday 10 March 1995
SURELY James Buchan ("Insanity at the heart of banking", 5 March) is being unduly kind to Lloyd's by suggesting its problems are due to "a series of acts of God". Insuring on adequate premiums is profitable business; insuring on inadequate premiums is mere gambling.
New Malden, Surrey
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
£35000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: In-house Commerci...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: One of the world's leading providers of trading ...
£110000 - £170000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Leading online ...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This leading Big 4 accountan...